5 Tips to Make Your Next Move Easier
Nobody likes moving. Literally, no one. From boxing up all of your belongings to figuring out how to transport them, it can really get overwhelming. However, as daunting as this task may seem, there are some things you can do to make it go as smoothly as possible. Here are some crafty moving tips to make your move easier:
1. Think ahead. It takes days, sometimes weeks, to fully unpack a house or apartment. There is a good chance that you will need items like deodorant, toilet paper and other necessities before you are done unpacking. Make it easier on yourself by keeping all of your essentials in one convenient location. For best results, try to pack a bag that is easy to carry like an overnight bag or backpack.
2. Begin with the end in mind. As you start packing your belongings, make a mental list of what you will need first. Kitchenware or bedding, for example, are likely some of the first things you will need. Be sure to place these items in clear storage containers. This will help you ensure that you can locate these items when it is time to unpack.
3. Break out the label-maker. If you are using a professional moving service to transport your belongings, it is definitely a good idea to label your boxes. Using a label-maker or thick black marker, write the name of the room that each box belongs in. It may also help to number the boxes. This allows you to track how many you should have in each room.
4. Skip the bubble wrap. Save a few dollars by skipping the bubble wrap. Instead, use clean clothing to wrap fragile items like glasses or pottery. Soft items like socks and t-shirts are ideal for this task.
5. Snap a picture. You would be amazed how many wires go into using some televisions, DVD players or computers. In order to avoid a techno-disaster, take a picture of any electrical connections before you pack them. This can help you remember how to reconnect them.
You put a lot of work into finding the perfect place, do not let a stressful move kill your excitement. By following these quick and easy moving tips, you can make your move as easy as possible.