Gainesville Moving Company
Over 42 million people move in the U.S. every year. That’s an amazing 1 in 4 adults. A person will make over 7 moves in their lifetime. Research has shown that relocation ranks third as the most stressful event in a person’s life. Even though we may be excited about the move, there can be mixed emotions about leaving behind a familiar neighborhood, close friends and fond memories. The last thing we need to worry about is if a Gainesville moving company will deliver our belongings safely on the other end.Finding the right Gainesville moving company can make the whole process a lot easier, but it may not be as easy as it sounds. It usually takes more than just looking through the yellow pages of your local phone directory. For starters, there are several types of moving companies. Some may specialize in local moves while others will transport your belongings across the nation or even to another country. So the type of move you are planning and even what you need to move will determine the type of Gainesville moving company you’ll need to hire.
A Gainesville moving company can offer you a wide range of services on top of simply moving your furniture and other belongings. They can provide you with packing boxes and other materials, help you with the packing, provide temporary or long term storage if needed, and even unpack everything for you once your belongings arrive at their new home. These services will cost extra but it’s good to know they’re there if you should need them.Pricing can vary greatly from one Gainesville moving company to another, providing you with very different estimates for the exact same move. Going with the lowest quote may leave you wondering if your belongings will arrive safely and in the end.
- Where do You Find a Reliable Gainesville Moving Company?
- Start by simply asking people you know. Almost everyone has gone through a move at one time in their life, so all you need to do is ask around among your friends, family and those you work with to a few recommendations for a quality Gainesville moving company. Talk to the real estate agent that helped with the sale or purchase of your home. A realtor can usually give you some good recommendations based on the experience of their other clients. If you’re planning a local move, look for moving vehicles that are working in your city. If you repeatedly see the trucks and vans of a specific Gainesville moving company, you have to know there’s a reason why they’re so busy.
Check the internet. A lot of moving companies maintain a website listing their services, how long they’ve been in business, the areas they cover as well as an online estimator page to help you get an initial idea of how much the move will cost you. You can find their contact information including an email address incase you have any questions you want to ask before talking with them further. You can also use the internet to do some initial background checking on any Gainesville moving company.
- Getting a Bid from the Gainesville Movers
- Once you have your list of moving companies in hand, contact the Better Business Bureau to find out if any of the companies have had any complaints filed against them. A Gainesville moving company deals with so many customers it’s not unusual that even a very good company might have a complaint or two. What is important is how they handled any complaints and if, in the end, the customer was satisfied.
Before you start talking with any Gainesville moving company, you should make a list of how many rooms to be moved, if you have any unusually large, bulky or odd shaped items and don’t forget about the garage, and patio furniture. You don’t need to be exact. It’s just to give the Gainesville moving company an idea of what to expect.
- The Gainesville Moving Company: Making Your Choice
- You may find that comparing quotes can be a bit confusing. The prices can vary greatly as well as the services offered and the methods used in pricing. One Gainesville moving company may charge an hourly rate, another may estimate the volume based on the number of rooms you need to move and still others by the estimated weight per load.
It’s important that you get all your Gainesville moving company quotes in writing and to make sure that you completely understand how they are calculated. Make sure you read all the fine print. If there are any damages, you need to know what your options are. Some companies won’t pay for damages if you packed your belongings yourself unless it can be proved that the damage was a direct cause of their mishandling.
After you’ve talked with every prospective Gainesville moving company on your list and taken time to consider their quotes, you can make an informed decision as to which Gainesville moving company you trust to move your belongings. It’s true that moving can be an emotional and stressful time. So the last thing you need to deal with is incompetent movers or damaged possessions. Whether you’re moving down the block or across the country, you need to find a reliable Gainesville moving company that you know you can trust.